What a wild, exhausting, and crazy ride 2019 has been. In case you didn’t know, I bought a house. ?
But 2019 has been so much more than my house despite it taking up so much of my latter part of the year. It has been a year of clarity, of investigation, a year of taking a step back, going on different adventures, and quite frankly, a year of rest.
This year, I have really found a true understanding of me as a person. I have deep-dived what it means to be an Enneagram 5 and fully embraced my intense niche-driven research tendencies. From that research, I have learned a ton such as: more about the family that built my house, reading allllll the documents/watching all the hearings in regards to the Impeachment saga, learning tips and tricks on redoing a kitchen on a budget, finding the perfect Moroccan rug, and even learning all I can about the Jim Reeb case from the Civil Rights Movement. You name it, I probably put a couple hours of reading/research on the topic to become a better informed citizen (and to suit my neurotic tendencies of hoarding data).
But this has also been a year of rest- sort of. I took a major step back from my second job of photography this year and just gave myself grace. Instead of spending an evening at my friends’ house on my laptop editing, I played games or watched movies. Instead of designing advertising and writing website content, I read more books. I binged shows that were delightful. Some were terrible. I did what I wanted and it was incredible.
But yes, alas, the rest of my year was kind of not restful but I was proving that I am WOMAN, hear me ROAR. I tackled project after project practically on my own for my house. It was an intense 5 months to say the least. Whether it was putting together my guest bed, painting a faux wallpaper in my laundry room, putting together my kitchen island, or heck – sanding and painting and hanging cabinets, I proved that just because I haven’t done it before, doesn’t mean I couldn’t do it now. I did have a lot of my wonderful friends and family step in a few times and help and that has been such a blessing too.
My highlights in 2019:
- Met up with the a lovely blogger friend Hillary and had a wonderful day in ATL just discussing life, the internet, and travel.
- Beached with my fam in March
- Flew first class internationally for the first, and probably only time. It was magical. I need funds, hun.
- Experienced Paris at sunrise with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
- Walked the canals of Venice.
- Twirled my way through the rainbow island of Burano.
- Roadtripped through the Alps to see Lake Bled, Slovenia.
- Ate my way through Chicago. Literally all the food.
- Took a side trip to Banff, Canada. No big deal, it’s just a winter wonderland.
- Toured the Hudson House before it was mine.
- Ate some jam up southern deliciousness at Mary Mac’s Tea Room.
- Walked through ATL Botanical Gardens with my Moma.
- Beached again.
- Did someone say a cavern tours because YES.
- Moved out of my home of 3 years into the newest adventure- a green carpeted, but oh so charming 100 year old house – the Hudson House.
Click to see the house tour before I moved in!
- A weekend in North Georgia roasting marshmallows, picking apples, and climbing a graffiti covered mountain with my favorite people- my family!
- Flew my oldest nephew to California for his special 10-year-old trip with Aunt Sami. Went to a Disney park for the first time – for both of us!
- Chopped off my hair.
- Hosted my first event in my own home. I only had a minor meltdown. As an introvert who values their private space, it was a major step.
- Turned 29 and didn’t even freak out about it. Age is really not affecting me yet.
2019 has been, dare I say, fun? No matter what, it has been my favorite year yet.